How To Prepare
- Arrive 15 minutes early; your session will take up to one full hour. Invite parents or friends to watch, whatever makes you most comfortable.
- Bring a $60.00 deposit (cash, debit, cheque, Visa, Master Card, AMEX) and up to two outfits. There is no labour charge for your sitting - however, we do require a deposit which will be deducted from your purchase total during the ordering process and if ordered within the specified timeframe. Your deposit is also 100% refundable within 30 calendar days of notification. Simply return your portrait session portfolio previews. Failure to return this portfolio will result in forfeit of the deposit. This portfolio is generally delivered to you approximately two weeks following your sitting appointment.
Graduation is a formal event so we always recommend planning ahead.
- Solid colours are best.
- Long sleeve dresses and shirts are recommended for close-ups because they focus attention on the face.
- Coordinate your attire from head to toe.
- If you have a school uniform then that is all you need.
- You may be required to wear your school uniform for your grad photos.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended, Artona is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- For casuals in the White, Black & White or Living Room studios, wear something that is you in any colour. Grad gowns, full length outﬁts, team regalia — anything that you can think of. You are only allowed one change of clothing between the White and the Black & White rooms.
- For yearbook photos and in the Composite and Library room studios, you will be in a gown. A white collared blouse or v-neck shirts to wear under gown are suitable. Look at previous years wall composites for ideas.
- Suits and tuxedos are the most popular choices for guys. If you have had the chance to get your grad outfit coordinated, bring it. A collared dress shirt and tie are a must for formal shots.
- We suggest selecting a fresh, clean, pressed white dress shirt. Other light colors or very, very subtle patterns are acceptable — however white is the safest choice. Choose a nice tie to match or contrast the blue or black gowns.
- We have shirts and ties available if you want to borrow a set for your gown photos.
- Read more on what to wear and what to bring on our blog.
- Make sure you like your hair style before your session.
- Make sure your bangs are not too short. You will be wearing a graduation hat that covers part of your forehead towards the end of your session.
- Use your regular makeup. Touch up all blemishes. Do your nails the day before. Bring all of the stuff you need to groom yourself. You do not need to have a heavy application of makeup for professional photography. Look natural and your photographs will reflect that.
- A haircut, one week before your sitting is perfect.
- We cannot retouch a five o’clock shadow. We recommend you shave a couple of hours prior to your session.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.